Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Research topic information (RT)

Question: To what extent is the arrangements of classroom desks more effective?


A classroom desk arrangement gives students clues about how the instructor wishes for them to contribute, and the teaching style of the instructor. The ideal class design is the one which contributes to the instructor’s style of teaching and guides the class in the direction the teacher wishes. Knowing the advantages and disadvantages of each can help one set up their classroom to inspire students to react best to their lesson. 


I have been thinking about researching this topic because when I have observed a lot of times in many different classrooms, some rooms would have their desks in rows or in groups. The desks arrangements would also depend on what type of class it was. For example, Math classes that I observed had a mixture of desks in rows and in groups, but Science classes that I have seen seemed to always be in groups. So what factor or factors depend on the arrangement of classroom desks? I also need to know the advantages and disadvantages of classroom desk arrangements. There are various types of desks arrangements that I plan on focusing such as traditional row seating, U- shaped seating, clustered desks, and sectioned classroom. This is a study I plan to do research on and collect data from interviewing different teachers in the Hempstead school district because I am currently observing there.

No comments:

Post a Comment